Blog » Fundamentals of Coaching » Top 10 Must Read Books on Spiritual Coaching
Top 10 Must Read Books on Spiritual Coaching
It might be difficult to find inner serenity, belief, inspiration, and drive. You should lead a spiritual life if you’ve ever had trouble connecting with anything or anyone. You can grow spiritually and get a strong faith, inspiration, trust, and meditation. One religion believes in some spirituality, whereas another believes in certain rituals and inner serenity. Reading spiritual literature is the finest approach to developing your spirituality.
Numerous novels may help you grow spiritually and inspire you to be innovative, caring, and creative. The main themes of these novels include kindness, self-expression, emotional connections, and life principles. You can learn everything you need to know from reading these books, even if you’re a basic person.
In this article, we will discuss spiritual coaching books.
In Brief : Top 10 Must Read Books On Spiritual Coaching
- Coaching With Meaning And Spirituality – A $34 guide for coaches addressing clients’ search for meaning, exploring spirituality in coaching.
- Metahuman – Chopra’s $14 book encourages awakening and offers a 31-day plan for becoming metahuman.
- Sacred Woman – Queen Afua’s transformative guide to self-love and healing costs $16.
- The Book Of Joy – An exploration of joy and spreading joy to others for $20.
- The Power Of Now – Tolle’s $7 book leads readers to spiritual enlightenment by living in the present moment.
- The Untethered Soul – For $9, Singer offers solutions to break free from habitual thoughts and find inner peace.
- The Desire Map – LaPorte’s $11 workbook revolutionizes goal-setting with a soulful approach.
- Anatomy Of Spirit – Myss explores the connection between emotions and physical health for $15.
- Adventures For Your Soul – Kaiser’s guide to eliminating self-defeating habits and finding passion costs $13.
- Creativity, Spirituality, And Making A Buck – Nichtern’s $12 book guides balancing creativity with financial success using mindfulness and ethical principles.
How Spiritual Coaching Books Help a Coach
Reading literature is one of the finest methods to investigate spirituality and choose what it entails. Especially novels that both help you comprehend a greater power. Additionally, it will aid in your self-understanding. You may be more in tune with your spirituality the more you understand who you are and how you relate to the divine.
In the following ways spiritual coaching books may help a coach:
- Remember that a coach might refer to a lot of spiritual literature during his life.
- Moreover, they can communicate with a coach at certain points in his life which he can surpass forward to his clients.
- Each book or lecture may have a distinct effect on a coach as he develops and moves through different phases during his coaching life.
10 Books for Every Life Coach
You must consider books that give you freedom, reveal your shortcomings, and transform you into a spiritual coach while discussing the most potent spiritual works. With the help of this potent spiritual literature, you may visualize and discover inner serenity without bounds.
Some of these wonderful books include:
1. Coaching with Meaning and Spirituality (Essential Coaching Skills and Knowledge) 1st Edition
Coaching with Meaning and Spirituality was written by Martha Lasley and first published on February 8, 2013. Aiming to support coaches in those situations where a client’s search for meaning has to be addressed and explored, Coaching with Meaning and Spirituality. In this book, Peter Hyson offers a vocabulary to facilitate this exploration and ultimately help coaches address their clients’ doubts and worries, especially in an economic climate where old certainties may be lost. Working with spirituality in a coaching context can be challenging and unfamiliar for coaches.
The topics covered in this book include:
- the desire to succeed
- raising profits
- preserving work-life balance
- breakdowns and crises
- characteristics of good leadership.
It will be especially helpful for professional coaches who coach in a range of circumstances, both seasoned and more recent coaches. It attempts to ignite a fresh topic of debate within the larger coaching industry.
The original edition of Coaching with Meaning and Spirituality is available on Amazon for $34.
2. Metahuman: Unleashing Your Infinite Potential
Metahuman was written by Deepak Chopra and first published on October 2019. The listener is encouraged by Metahuman to go on this road right now. We discover that awakening is more than just awareness or meditation. In order to awaken and become metahuman, we must raise the consciousness of everything we say, think, and do.
Going beyond frees us from ingrained conditioning and any mental frameworks that support tension, anxiety, and ego-driven needs. Life begins to make sense once you wake up.
- Chopra includes a 31-day plan for becoming a metahuman at the book’s conclusion to make this as doable as feasible.
- He claims that when you awaken, pure consciousness, the field of infinite possibilities, dawns in your life and changes everything.
- Then your limitless potential becomes your unique reality.
The original edition of Metahuman is available on Amazon for $14.
3. Sacred Woman: A Guide to Healing the Feminine Body, Mind, and Spirit
Sacred Woman was written by Queen Afua and first published in 2000. Queen Afua teaches us how to love and rejoice in our bodies by spiritualizing the words we speak, the foods we eat, the relationships we attract, the spaces we live and work in, and the transcendent woman spirit we manifest. She does this through extraordinary meditations, affirmations, holistic healing plant-based medicine, KMT temple teachings, and The Rites of Passage guidance. Queen Afua inspires us to embrace our role as Sacred Women and our duty to heal ourselves, and the generations of women in our families, communities, and the globe. She does this with love, wisdom, and passion.
The original edition of Sacred Woman is available on Amazon for $16.
4. The Book of Joy: Lasting Happiness in a Changing World
The Book of Joy was written by the 14th Dalai Lama, Desmond Tutu, and Douglas Abrams, and was first published on September 13, 2016. Their personal experiences and lessons about joy, the most recent research on profound pleasure, and the regular practices that serve as the foundation of their own emotional and spiritual lives are all included in this book, which was always envisioned as a three-layer birthday cake.
Here, the Dalai Lama and Archbishop Tutu relate their:
- Individual tales of struggle and redemption after each of them had to overcome significant personal and societal suffering.
- Since they are both in their 80s, they are especially motivated to share the fundamental idea that in order to experience joy for yourself, you must also spread joy to others.
- Most importantly, during that historic week in Dharamsala, they showed by example how joy may be converted from a transient sensation into an everlasting way of life.
The original edition of The Book of Joy is available on Amazon for $20.
5. The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Power of Now was written by Eckhart Tolle and first published in 1997. It’s understandable why The Power of Now has been translated into over 30 different languages and has sold over 2 million copies globally. The book leads readers on an enlightening spiritual trip to uncover their actual selves and achieve the pinnacle of spiritual development: the realization of truth and light. This journey is much more than a collection of basic maxims and cliches.
- Tolle introduces the reader to enlightenment and its primary foe, the mind, in the opening chapter.
- He makes readers aware of their part in creating suffering and demonstrates how to live completely in the moment to have an identity free from pain.
The voyage is exciting, and the author demonstrates how to establish a connection with the unbreakable nature of our Being along the way, the “eternal, ever-present One Existence beyond the countless forms of life that are susceptible to birth and death.”
This book, which includes a new prologue by the author, demonstrates that enlightenment can only occur once one regains knowledge of Being, is freed from Mind, and is deeply present in the Now.
6. The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself
The Untethered Soul was written by Michael Alan Singer and first published on October 3, 2007. What would it be like to be free of constraints and soar above your limits? What can you do daily to find inner peace and serenity? The Untethered Soul, a New York Times bestseller, provides straightforward yet deep solutions to these problems. Whether this is your first foray into inner space or you’ve dedicated your life to it, this book will change your relationship with yourself and the world around you. You’ll learn what you can do to break the cycle of habitual thoughts and emotions that limit your consciousness.
Author and spiritual teacher Michael A. Singer demonstrates how the development of consciousness can enable us all to dwell in the present moment and let go of painful thoughts and memories that keep us from achieving happiness and self-realization by drawing on meditation and mindfulness traditions.
The Untethered Soul walks you through your relationship with your thoughts and emotions, assisting you in discovering the source and variations of your inner energy. It then goes into detail on what you may do to break free from the regular ideas, emotions, and energy patterns that limit your consciousness. Finally, this book clearly opens the door to a life lived in the freedom of your innermost self.
The original edition of The Untethered Soul is available on Amazon for $9.
7. The Desire Map: A Guide to Creating Goals With Soul
The Desire Map was written by Danielle LaPorte and first published on December 2012. Danielle LaPorte revolutionizes how you pursue your life goals with The Desire Map, a comprehensive life planning tool. Unapologetically impassioned and full of warm wit, LaPorte flips the idea of ambition on its head and provides a brilliant, surprisingly useful workbook for using the Desire Map technique:
Determine your “core desired sentiments” in each area of your life, including work and lifestyle, health and wellbeing, education and creativity, interpersonal connections and society, and spirit and essence.
- Establish realistic “Goals with Soul” to elicit your most deeply desired emotions.
- Why lowering your standards really frees you to achieve your objectives
- Worksheets, assessments, and comprehensive tools for mapping out your desires so you may live the life you really want. A new approach to creating goals has emerged.
The original edition of The Desire Map is available on Amazon for $11.
8. Anatomy of Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing
Anatomy of Spirit was written by Caroline Myss and first published in 1996. The globally renowned medical intuitive Caroline Myss, one of the “hottest new voices in the alternative health/spirituality sector,” has authored Anatomy of the Spirit, the most daring exposition of energy medicine to date (Publishers Weekly).
Dr. Myss’ study demonstrates how every sickness correlates to a pattern of emotional and psychological pressures, beliefs, and attitudes that have altered comparable sections of the human body. This is based on fifteen years of research into energy medicine.
The groundbreaking model of the body’s seven spiritual and physical power centers developed by Dr. Myss is also featured in Anatomy of the Spirit. In it, she combines the wisdom of three different spiritual traditions the Hindu chakras, the Christian sacraments, and the Kabbalah’s Tree of Life to show the seven stages that everyone must go through in order to achieve higher consciousness and spiritual maturity. Dr. Myss demonstrates how you may develop your own latent intuitive abilities while simultaneously cultivating your own power and spiritual development using this paradigm.
Anatomy of the Spirit equips you with the skills for spiritual growth and physical completeness that will transform your life by helping you perceive your body and spirit in a new manner.
The original edition of Anatomy of Spirit is available on Amazon for $15.
9. Adventures for Your Soul: 21 Ways to Transform Your Habits and Reach Your Full Potential
Adventures for Your Soul was written by Shannon Kaiser and first published on August 25, 2015. Shannon Kaiser’s curriculum makes use of an empowering method and draws inspiration from her own transforming experiences. It encourages you to embark on soul-nourishing journeys so you can:
- Reach your objectives
- Get rid of self-defeating tendencies and limiting beliefs
- Live fearlessly and with passion and purpose. Be fearless in expressing your deepest aspirations, and strive to live a happy life naturally.
You may passionately enjoy your own life adventures by concentrating on how your life feels rather than how it seems to others. You may finally live life to the fullest by altering the way you view yourself.
The original edition of Adventures for Your Soul is available on Amazon for $13.
10. Creativity, Spirituality, and Making a Buck
Creativity, Spirituality, and Making a Buck was written by David Nichtern and first published on October 8, 2019. Are you unsure of how to balance your calling with the need to earn a decent salary, what to do once your art starts to sell, how to succeed in your area, or even what success even entails? In order to first assist you in determining what “success” means to you personally and then show you how to get there, David Nichtern presents his lived, acquired experience as a musician, business owner, and Buddhist teacher.
In addition to offering mindfulness exercises to help you integrate inspiration and aspiration, vocation and avocation, he offers advice on the creative process as well as business and ethical principles everything from “listen to the muse!” to “protect your intellectual property!” to help you move from surviving to thriving.
This book is for anyone looking to align their spiritual, creative, and financial pursuits and learn what it means to truly live well, whether they are a baker trying to expand from the farmer’s market to a brick-and-mortar or a CEO investigating how to take care of your employees can be the same as taking care of your business.The original edition of Creativity, Spirituality, and Making a Buck is available on Amazon for $12.
We need to take advice from those who have gone before us in order to develop, enhance our experience of life, overcome obstacles, achieve our goals, and transcend our old/automatic ways of thinking, feeling, and behaving. We also need to put what we are learning into practice in order to make it real for us.
We sincerely hope that this post assisted you in locating the top coaching book.
Frequently asked questions
Q1. How do you build a spiritual coaching business?
A step-by-step manual for launching a business in spiritual coaching:
1. Obtain clarity.
2. Know the business.
3. Understand the psychology of your client, ” To comprehend your client’s belief system.”
4. Find the ideal legal structure for your spiritual counseling company.
5. Choose a memorable name.
6. Location is important.
7. Specify the terms of the coaching agreement.
Q2. What is spiritual coaching?
The standard coaching relationship can have a spiritual component through the use of spiritual coaching. A spiritual coach will help their clients in their quest to discover their own sense of completeness while guiding them to discover inner joy, serenity, and harmony.
Q3. How do I become a spiritual coach?
A spiritual life coach may help people make positive changes in their lives. These are the seven steps you should take if you decide to pursue a profession in assisting.
1. Is this the best job choice you could make?
3. Select an online platform for your spiritual life coaching company.
2. Become a licensed spiritual life coach.
4. Choose your niche.
5. Clearly describe your offer.
6. Charge your clients appropriately.
7. Determine the finest strategy for luring customers.