Blog » Becoming a Coach » Top 10 Best Stress Management/Relief Coach Certifications
Top 10 Best Stress Management/Relief Coach Certifications
This is the ultimate guide for the best stress management/relief coaching certification. In this definitive guide, you will get to learn about:
- What stress management/relief coaching is
- The benefits of stress management/relief coaching
- What to look for in a stress management/relief coaching certification
- Some of the best courses available
- Required skills and career prospects after the certification
So, if you’re an aspiring life coach looking for the right course to start your journey, this guide has narrowed it down to the top 10 best courses and what you can expect from them. Let’s get started.
- Top 10 Best Stress Management/Relief Coach Certifications
- What Is Stress Management/Relief Coaching?
- What Are the Benefits of Stress Management/Relief Coaching?
- Top Ten Coaching Certifications for Becoming a Stress Management/Relief Coach
- 1. Anxiety & Stress Management Coaching Certification (CPD)
- 2. Stress Management Coaching Certification CGRSC
- 3. Stress Management Coach Certification (CSMC)
- 4. Stress Relief & Management Training and Certification – PCCCA
- 5. Health Coach Institute’s Stress Management Strategies Course
- 6. Stress Management Coach Training
- 7. Anxiety & Stress Management Coaching Certification – Edplx
- 8. Anxiety & Stress Management Coaching Certification (CPD)
- 9. Stress Management Consulting Certification – AIHCP
- 10. Primary Certificate in Stress Management – Centre for Coaching
- What Are the Career Prospects of Someone With a Stress Management/Relief Coach Certification?
- Skills Needed for Becoming a Stress Management/Relief Coach
- Questions to Consider When Looking for a Stress Management/Relief Coaching Certification
- Frequently asked questions
What Is Stress Management/Relief Coaching?
The International Coaching Federation (ICF) is a leading global coaching organization that defines coaching as “partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential.”
Simply put, stress coaching is about helping people realize the root cause of their stress. It encourages people to find inspiration and confidence to identify the symptoms and learn how to tackle them.
All in all, it can enhance the overall life quality of an individual, and the results can be dramatically life-altering for them.
The art of stress management coaching is threefold. A life coach guides, empowers, and improves how an individual identifies and deals with stressors. By minimizing negative patterns, affirming self-belief, and helping with strategies to reduce stress, a stress relief coach helps individuals change their lives for the better.
What Are the Benefits of Stress Management/Relief Coaching?
Dealing with stress is not uncommon, and we’ve all been there at some point in our lives. If the stressors are not identified and handled promptly, they get worse, affecting all aspects of your life.
Lucky for you, stress management coaching offers many advantages to improving your quality of life.
Some of its benefits are:
Understanding the Root Cause of Stress
By asking you different questions about your situation, a coach offers helpful insights for you to consider. These insights can help you identify the root cause of your stress.
Identifying Your Triggers
Anyone who wants to control their stress must become aware of their stress response to different situations and people. A stress relief coach can help you learn about your triggers and how you can minimize them.
Providing an Unbiased Perspective
By offering at least one different perspective from the individual, a stress management coach helps identify and overcome biases. As a result, individuals can process their thoughts and feelings in a better way in the light of a fresh perspective.
Making Effective Strategies to Reduce Stress
Stress management is all about managing your stress through effective strategies. A good coach will guide you about different stress management techniques. These include journaling, meditation, and relaxation skills. By incorporating these techniques into your routine, you’ll become more equipped to deal with your stressors.
Top Ten Coaching Certifications for Becoming a Stress Management/Relief Coach
1. Anxiety & Stress Management Coaching Certification (CPD)
This is a CPD accredited certification that allows you to learn stress management and anxiety relief coaching. It can help you learn scientifically proven stress management techniques. You’ll learn about Calm Breathing, Progressive Muscle Relaxation, etc.
Besides, this certification equips you to design individual stress management programs for your clients. It enhances your understanding of science-based stress management. You also learn about combining different exercises with nutritional diets for stress relief.
- CPD accredited certification with ten credits
- 2.5 hours of on-demand video
- Six downloadable resources
- Lifetime access to content
- Costs around $13.99 (with 84% off)
2. Stress Management Coaching Certification CGRSC
This stress management certification will teach you everything you need to become a good stress relief coach. Although this course is perfect for new coaches, it can also benefit current coaches who want to update their coaching methods.
This course allows you to learn how to manage stress using their proprietary stress management system.
- 12 hours of on-demand video
- 78 downloadable resources
- Assignments for self-assessment
- Lifetime access to content
- Costs around $14.99 (with 83% off)
3. Stress Management Coach Certification (CSMC)
If you’re looking for a certification offering practice tests, this one’s it. Every enrolled student can take the practice exam thrice. This exam includes 30 questions from the certification exam to help you prepare for the actual test.
You’ll have to complete 80 questions in the certification exam within two hours. Moreover, this exam is also proctored by AI-powered online software.
- Access to online reading materials
- $19.95 practice exams to prepare for the certification
- Certification certificate in PDF format
- The certification exam costs $175
4. Stress Relief & Management Training and Certification – PCCCA
With this stress management/relief coach certification, you’ll learn how to offer customized coaching programs to each client. The course is divided into ten modules with audio and video resources, along with manual cover graphics and worksheets.
Once you’re done with the modules, you can take the examination instantly. You’ll be given access to an online, printable certificate as soon as you pass the exam. You can order a framed and signed certificate with a lapel pin from the organization if you want.
- Ten comprehensive modules
- Open book exam with 34 true/false questions
- Advanced learning opportunities
- Costs $228/mo for six months
5. Health Coach Institute’s Stress Management Strategies Course
The Health Coach Institute’s stress relief coaching certification is ideal for those who want to learn how to manage their own stress. This course takes a self-focused approach to stress management. It helps you develop personalized plans and adopt self-care strategies to relieve stress.
Only after you’ve learned how to manage your own stress can you help others. This course also teaches how to use different tools and techniques to coach others.
- Six comprehensive modules
- Access to online learning resources
- Offers a personalized stress management plan
- Costs $199/mo for three months
6. Stress Management Coach Training
In this course, you’ll learn about coaching concepts, scientific applications, the scope of practice, and techniques for stress management. This course will equip you with all the required skills and tools to establish a successful career as a stress relief coach.
Although the exams are non-proctored, you need to clear them in three attempts with 70% or higher. Moreover, the certification must be completed within a year of enrollment and remains valid for two years.
- Access to video lectures
- Non-proctored online exam with 100 multiple choice questions
- Three attempts to pass exams
- Costs around $197
7. Anxiety & Stress Management Coaching Certification – Edplx
Edplx is an internationally recognized accredited organization. With its certification, you’ll learn about the effects of stress and anxiety on our lives. It helps you learn about different scientific strategies and how to apply them to your real-life clients.
Since it is an online program, you can learn at your own pace wherever you want. You’ll have one-year accessibility to the course materials. After completing the course, you’ll get a PDF or hard copy of the coaching certificate.
- 2 hours 40 minutes total course duration
- 44 comprehensive lectures
- Assessments and certificate issuance
- Costs around £99.00
8. Anxiety & Stress Management Coaching Certification (CPD)
This is an internationally recognized CPD accredited certification. This course gives you lifetime access to video lectures, articles, and downloadable resources. Since you get lifetime access to content, you can learn at your own pace.
Once you’ve successfully completed the course, you can instantly download the PDF for your result. The original print copy is available at an additional fee of £9.
- Lifetime access to course content
- 2.5+ hours of on-demand video lectures
- Transparent assessment system
- Costs about £321
9. Stress Management Consulting Certification – AIHCP
With the AIHCP stress management certification, you can learn many advanced skills and approaches to help others manage stress. After becoming certified by the AIHCP, you can use the credentials SMC-C after your name.
Although this certification remains valid for four years, you can also apply for recertification after this duration expires. Certificates are also provided after course completion.
- Advanced learning materials
- Wall and wallet-sized certificates
- Requires recertification after four years
- Costs $200 for a four-year term
10. Primary Certificate in Stress Management – Centre for Coaching
This British Psychological Society-approved course aims to equip individuals for stress prevention and management. After taking this course, you’ll be able to identify stress symptoms in yourself and others.
It is a short, two-day course that touches on the basics of stress management theory and practice. You’ll be given a book, manual, and handouts to learn more about stress managing techniques.
- Comprehensive learning manuals
- 40% is required to pass the course
- Electronic certificate after passing
- Costs about £345
What Are the Career Prospects of Someone With a Stress Management/Relief Coach Certification?
Unbalanced lifestyles and increased competition is leading to stressed lives. As a result, more and more people are in need of therapy and counseling. If you’re a certified stress management coach, your career prospects are quite bright.
In other words, if you complete your certification from a well-reputed organization or online authority, you won’t remain jobless. Besides, the COVID-19 pandemic has also increased the demand for stress relief coaches.
You can work as a full-time stress relief coach or make it your side hustle with a full-time job. A number of companies hire stress relief coaches to improve the corporate culture and reduce employee stress.
On the flip side, many individuals are willing to pay thousands of dollars to stress relief coaches as long as they’re good at what they do.
Skills Needed for Becoming a Stress Management/Relief Coach
In order to become a successful stress management coach, you need to have the following skills:
- Time management
- Project management
- Conflict resolution
- Interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication
- Active listening
- Effective goal-setting
- Constructive feedback
These are some of the many skills a stress relief coach needs to build a coach-coachee relationship. With these skills, they can help individuals identify and address their stressors.
Questions to Consider When Looking for a Stress Management/Relief Coaching Certification
Before you begin the journey of becoming a stress management coach, you should be asking yourself a few questions.
You can make a well-informed career choice by asking the right questions, doing industry research, and learning about the field.
- Am I passionate about helping others overcome their problems?
- Do I possess the required knowledge and expertise to become a stress relief coach?
- Which certifications do I need to become a stress management coach?
To identify the right certification for you, ask yourself these questions:
- Does this certification cover everything I need to become a coach?
- Will I learn all that I need within this course duration?
- Can I pay for this certification?
You have made it to the end of this guide. By now, you have gathered all the information about the best stress management/relief coach certifications.
Go through the different certifications mentioned in this guide to learn more about them.
After going through all options, pick one that offers maximum benefits.
So, what are you waiting for?
Do you still have more questions?
Are you confused about your career prospects?
Do you want to know how much a stress relief coach earns?
If you still have unanswered questions, let me know in the comments, and I’ll get back to you.
Frequently asked questions
What are the benefits of getting a stress management/relief coach certification?
The stress management/relief coach certification equips an individual to help others deal with stress. They learn different techniques and strategies to help people suffering from stress. It helps them bring a positive change in other people’s lives.
How much does a stress management/relief coach certification cost?
The cost of a stress management/relief coach certification varies. It typically depends on the course’s duration, delivery format, and intensiveness. As a rough estimate, it ranges from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars.
How do you choose the right stress management/relief coach certification for you and your needs?
As far as the right certification for stress management/relief coaching is concerned, it varies for each individual. It depends on your ultimate goals and what you want to do with the certification. While the cost of certification plays a vital role, you need to consider the bigger picture and take a step if you want to have sound skills.