Blog » Fundamentals of Coaching » Top 10 Must Read Books on Weight Loss Coaching
Top 10 Must Read Books on Weight Loss Coaching
There are a lot of weight loss books out there that promise to be the fastest method to lose weight, but how do you know which ones are reliable?
Learning how to make the best decisions is a terrific first step when it comes to your health and weight loss objectives. However, cuddling up with 200+ pages of weight loss advice is hardly as enjoyable. So, if you’re going to spend the time, make sure you receive a plan that is sustainable and grounded in science rather than a fast cure.
No more frantically searching Google to determine whether the books on the shelves would provide accurate information. For you, we did the research.
This article will analyze all the essential books on weight loss and explain how they might benefit your weight loss coaching.
In Brief : Top 10 Must Read Books On Weight Loss Coaching
- The Mediterranean Diet Weight Loss Solution – Published on August 22, 2017, by Julene Stassou, this book provides a 28-day starting plan to transform the Mediterranean diet into a lifestyle, emphasizing meal preparation, recipes, and tracking tools; available on Amazon for $12.
- Healthy Keto Cookbook – Published on March 10, 2020, by Rachel Lustgarten, this book introduces high-fat, low-carb meals with 75 family-friendly recipes and keto tips; available on Amazon.
- Embrace You – Published on December 31, 2020, by Dr. Sylvia Gonsahn-Bollie, this $20 book offers a comprehensive guide to long-term weight loss, focusing on a wellness strategy and a shift to a healthy lifestyle; available on Amazon.
- Fit Men Cook – Published on December 4, 2018, by Kevin Curry, this book by the creator of Fit Men Cook provides over 100 quick, simple, and healthy recipes; exclusively available on Amazon for $14.50.
- Vegan For Everybody: Foolproof Plant-Based Recipes – Originally published on April 4, 2017, by America’s Test Kitchen, this guidebook to vegan cuisine offers simple, flavorful, and tested recipes; the latest edition is exclusively available on Amazon.
- Instant Loss Cookbook – Released on October 2, 2018, by Brittany Williams, this cookbook features 125 quick, simple, and whole-food recipes prepared using the Instant Pot, available for $10.60 on Amazon.
- Skinnytaste Meal Prep – Published on September 15, 2020, by Gina Homolka, this cookbook provides meal prep ideas for healthier eating, categorized for various preferences; simple to get on Amazon.
- The Mindful Eating Workbook – Released on December 25, 2018, by Vincci Tsui, this workbook guides readers in mastering mindful eating techniques with practical exercises; available on Amazon.
- Fill Your Plate, Lose The Weight – Released on January 1, 2020, by Sarah Mirkin, R.D.N., this book encourages consistent eating with high-protein, high-fiber recipes, emphasizing feeling good over calorie restriction; available on Amazon for $16.
- 365 Days Of Positive Self-Talk For Weight-Loss – Published on February 16, 2016, by Shad Helmstetter, PhD, this book provides daily affirmations specific to weight loss, aiming to boost motivation; available on Amazon for $12.95.
How Weight Loss Coaching Books Help a Coach
As coaches, we like learning about the brain and self-improvement. Coaches are always looking for books, podcasts, and other resources that will assist them in reprogramming the minds of their clients. Although coaches are very interested in the most recent studies on how the mind functions, it can be challenging to keep up with all the information and new studies.
Weight loss coaches are typically delighted to share their well-defined philosophy or belief system with everyone because it has worked for them. One such medium, a knowledge resource at your disposal, is weight loss coaching books. Reading is a useful research tool, and as any coach will attest, growth in your business depends on continuous learning.
Here are several ways weight loss coaching books could benefit coaches.
- Books about weight loss coaching are nonfiction publications that show coaches how to lead and motivate obese people.
- These books address subjects including posing sensible questions, providing feedback, and inspiring teams about weight loss coaching.
- These books are meant to assist coaches in providing better guidance about weight loss to their clients.
10 Books for Every Coach
Many books make unrealistic promises of speedy weight loss by severely reducing calories or banning entire food groups. These diets are hard to stick to and can lead to unhealthy interactions with food and your body.
Instead, we compiled a list of the top books that emphasize realistic and long-term weight loss strategies.
See our selections for the top 10 books on weight loss by reading on.
1. The Mediterranean Diet Weight Loss Solution
This book was published on August 22, 2017, by author Julene Stassou. Listed by Americans as the top diet for 2021 and according to News & World Report, many licensed dietitians and medical professionals endorse the Mediterranean diet as the best weight-loss strategy. With this 28-day starting plan, Julene Stassou, M.S., R.D., transforms the diet into a lifestyle.
- The Mediterranean Diet Weight Loss Solution provides you with the tools to transform the “diet” into a lifestyle.
- lt is chock-full of chapters on meal preparation, recipes, and charts to track your success.
- You may trust that the dishes are not only delicious but also healthy since Stassou has developed weight-loss strategies for persons with diabetes and heart disease.
The original edition of The Mediterranean Diet Weight Loss Solution is available on Amazon for $12.
2. Healthy Keto Cookbook
This book was published on March 10, 2020, by Rachel Lustgarten. The abundance of bacon and dairy promoted in many popular recipes is full of saturated fats that can negatively impact your general health, even if a classic ketogenic diet can aid in weight loss.
To assist you in making high-fat, low-carb meals that are stuffed with wholesome fats, nutrient-dense fruits and vegetables, and lean proteins, we wrote Healthy Keto under the direction of Rachel Lustgarten, R.D., C.D.N., a member of our Medical Review Board. You’ll get an explanation of what keto is (and how to make it work for you), 75 ridiculously good family-friendly recipes, and tips direct from our test kitchen.
Consider this book to be the best introduction to ketogenic cooking.
- This will be your go-to manual for beginners or home chefs looking for a comprehensive resource that offers a wide variety of meals.
- Since it includes DIY instructions for preparing ketogenic versions of appetizers, sauces, desserts, main dishes, smoothies, shakes, and snacks, the quantity of included recipes is obviously considerable.
Healthy Keto Cookbook is simple to purchase on Amazon, and you can even get it delivered online.
3. Embrace You
On December 31, 2020, Dr Sylvia Gonsahn-Bollie published this book. Despite the abundance of choices, none take into consideration the intricacies of the human body and the hundreds of elements that determine an individual’s weight. The goal of Dr Sylvia Gonsahn-Bollie was to alter that.
Dr Gonsahn-Bollie, the CEO and medical director of Embrace You acknowledged the need for an all-encompassing wellness strategy that resulted in a long-lasting lifestyle shift, starting with her own. She started sharing her story and instructions with her patients when her approach proved successful for her, and she is now hoping to inspire others to embrace their own happy, healthy weight.
Dr. Gonsahn-Bollie offers:
- A comprehensive, scientific, yet personal and inspiring guide to long-term weight loss in Embrace you: Your Guide to Transforming Weight Loss Myths into Lifelong Wellness.
- Instead of worrying about the scale, learn to embrace You.
Embrace You is a $20 book that can be purchased on Amazon and is quickly delivered to your home.
4. Fit Men Cook
Kevin Curry published this book on December 4th, 2018. Personal trainer and fitness influencer Kevin Curry. He is also the creator of Fit Men Cook, a company with a YouTube channel, website, and app that provides recipes and advice for leading a healthy lifestyle.
More than 100 dishes in Curry’s cookbook “Fit Men Cook” are intended to be quick and simple to prepare, with many taking 40 minutes or less. Each dish also comes with complete nutritional information, which is helpful if you track your macronutrients or calories.
- More than 2,000 online reviews, the majority of which are 5-star ratings, for the cookbook express readers’ appreciation for Curry’s lighthearted and informal style.
- In addition to praising the recipes, readers praised the book for making leading a better lifestyle seem achievable.
Fit Men Cook is exclusively available on amazon, and it may cost you only $14.50.
5. Vegan for Everybody: Foolproof Plant-Based Recipes
This book was initially published on April 4, 2017. America’s Test Kitchen explains and demystifies vegan cuisine in this guidebook so that you can take advantage of all of its advantages and stay away from its numerous drawbacks, such as bland food, a lack of diversity, and overly processed products. You may find recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and everything in between that are simple, flavorful, and bright.
Lessening one’s animal product intake has numerous positive health benefits, and celebrities and public figures have publicly embraced the vegan lifestyle, putting it more into the food consciences of baby boomers, millennials, and post-millennials alike.
- The recipes in this cookbook will appeal to both vegans and non-vegans.
- Everyone benefits from eating more plant-based foods regularly, and this book may inspire you with mouthwatering ideas to give plants a prominent place in your diet, according to Taub-Dix.
- Every dish is extensively tested by America’s Test Kitchen, so you can be sure it will be tasty and simple to make.
The most recent edition of Vegan for Everybody: Foolproof Plant-Based Recipes is exclusively available on Amazon, and it will be delivered to your doorstep with ease.
6. Instant Loss Cookbook
The publication date of this book is October 2, 2018. The Instant National Bestseller, Brittany Williams used her Instant Pot and made all of her meals from scratch to shed more than 125 pounds. She now offers 125 quick, simple, and delicious whole food recipes that can also aid in your weight loss.
Brittany Williams had battled weight issues her entire life. A low-sugar, dairy-free, grain-free, whole-foods-based diet for her 4-year-old daughter’s autoimmune illness helped Brittany recognise she deserved her own body the same type of treatment.
The Instant Pot justifies the publicity.
- This cutting-edge kitchen appliance combines the functions of a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, and yogurt maker into one unit.
- In this cookbook, author Brittany Williams hails the appliance with 125 delectable recipes that are all prepared using the Instant Pot.
On Amazon, you can purchase the Instant Loss Cookbook, which costs only $10.60.
7. Skinnytaste Meal Prep
This book was published on September 15, 2020. Gina Homolka, the recipe developer behind Skinnytaste, is a James Beard Award finalist and an International Association of Culinary Professionals award finalist who is renowned for giving traditional meals a healthy makeover.
The cookbook “Skinnytaste Meal Prep” is one of many that Homolka has written. Additionally, licensed dietician Heather K. Jones‘ nutritional data is included. This cookbook seeks to set you up for success by assisting you in making meals and snacks in advance, regardless of whether you’re attempting to lose weight or simply eat healthier.
- The cookbook includes recipes for breakfast, snacks, lunch, dinner, and even freezer-friendly meal prep ideas for anybody wishing to really plan ahead.
- It also includes general meal-prepping advice.
- It’s simple to locate your ideal dinner because recipes are classified as vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free, quick (taking 30 minutes or less), freezer-friendly, Instant Pot, slow cooker, or air fryer as necessary.
The cookbook is undoubtedly a fan favorite with more than 8,000 reviews and a majority of 5-star ratings. Reviewers mention how convenient it is to prepare ahead of time, and many also note how family-friendly the recipes are.
Skinnytaste Meal Prep is simple to get from Amazon, and online delivery is also an option.
8. The Mindful Eating Workbook
The publication date of this book is December 25, 2018. Mindful eating, which is seen as a component of intuitive eating, encourages people to take their time and enjoy their meals, which can eventually result in better eating habits and even fewer instances of overeating.
The “Mindful Eating Workbook” is helpful for anyone interested in mastering mindful eating techniques and was written by Vincci Tsui, a registered dietitian and Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor. Tsui describes how mindful eating enabled her to quit dieting and harmful eating practices before getting into the meat of the book.
- The book teaches you how to become a mindful eater and offers opportunities for practice and recording your experiences.
- It is designed for people who learn best by doing.
- The book is described as a “game-changer” by a number of reviewers, and many of them say that anyone who wants to learn to eat more mindfully should read it.
You may easily purchase The Mindful Eating Workbook on Amazon, and it will be delivered to your home without any worries.
9. Fill Your Plate, Lose the Weight
This book was released on January 1, 2020. The author, Sarah Mirkin, R.D.N., says the book is a great resource for women over 40 who are trying to lose weight because it provides a tasty selection of high-protein, high-fiber recipes that will fill you up and ward off cravings. Of course, we’re biased because we also contributed to its writing. In contrast to other diet manuals that encourage calorie restriction and eating less, Mirkin encourages you to eat more and more frequently.
- To maintain a high level of strength and feel your best throughout the day, she advises feeding your body consistently.
- Food lists and a 21-day meal plan with quick and simple breakfast, lunch, and dinner dishes as well as suggestions for healthy snacks are included with Fill Your Plate.
- This strategy pushes you to let go of the diet mentality and place more emphasis on eating to feel wonderful, according to Mirkin.
The most recent version of Fill Your Plate, Lose the Weight is exclusively available on Amazon, and it may only cost you $16.
10. 365 Days of Positive Self-Talk for Weight-Loss
This book was published on February 16, 2016. Positivity might be helpful when attempting to reduce weight. The author of 19 books on the subject of self-talk and personal development, Shad Helmstetter, PhD, wrote this book, which offers an affirmation for every day of the year.
Additionally, it offers advice and background details to assist you to comprehend how using empowering language might aid in weight loss. The affirmations, which are particular to weight loss, are created to uplift and increase motivation.
- The author claims that the words you utter and the thoughts you have physically and biologically alter your brain.
- Your brain is physically wired to succeed or fail based on your self-talk.
- When you’re having trouble breaking out of mental depression, affirmations can be a great addition to any healthy eating-for-weight loss regimen.
Reviewers frequently mention how simple it is to read the book because there is only one affirmation to read daily. Numerous readers have also stated that they believe utilizing constructive self-talk as instructed in the book increased their motivation and confidence to lose weight.
365 Days of Positive Self-Talk for Weight-Loss is available only on Amazon and it will be delivered with its latest version within a few days. The cost of this book is $12.95 on Amazon.
It might be challenging to decide which weight loss books to buy or avoid because there are so many of them available. Be sure to look for a book on weight loss that is supported by research and offers practical guidance. Remember that it’s possible that you’ll need to read a few novels before you locate the one that suits you the best.
All of the books listed above are medically approved, and you will benefit from reading and using them, thus we strongly advise picking one of the weight reduction books mentioned in the above article.
Frequently asked questions
1. Which is the best overall book to read on weight loss coaching?
Although all of the books are medically certified and widely acclaimed, The Mindful Eating Workbook is the more worth reading. As a part of intuitive eating, mindful eating encourages people to take their time and enjoy their meals, which can lead to healthier eating habits and even fewer instances of overeating in the long run.
2. How does reading books help in strengthening concepts of weight loss coaching?
Numerous factors can contribute to successful weight loss, according to research. For instance, it has been discovered that having a strong support network, setting attainable goals, and keeping a food diary can all help someone lose weight. All of this can be accomplished by reading books on weight loss coaching.
3. Techniques to effectively practice the theoretical knowledge on clients
Although some books might teach you useful information and give you new tools and techniques to be successful with weight loss, they won’t work by themselves. You must put the tactics you learn from reading the book into practice for it to be worthwhile.