Blog » Coaching Certifications » 10 Free Online Life Coach Certifications for new coaches
10 Free Online Life Coach Certifications for new coaches
If your mobile is not working, you call a technician; when your house lock breaks down, you contact a locksmith, but what do you do when nothing in your life is working out?
That’s where you need a life coach. And to become a successful life coach, you need to have life coach certification. Life coach certifications help you gain credibility, trust and provide you with necessary education to run a coaching business.
Platforms such as Udemy, Alison, Coursera provide free online life coach certifications. You can enroll in the course of your choice on these platforms and become a certified life coach.
- 10 Free Online Life Coach Certifications for new coaches
- What is the need for getting a free life coach certification?
- How to become a certified life coach online for free?
- What are some of the best free online life coach certifications available to new coaches?
- How can you become a life coach without any experience & training?
- How to pick the best online free life coaching certification for yourself?
What is the need for getting a free life coach certification?
The life coaching business is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world. Anyone who thinks of himself as a good listener, best adviser, and passionate to change people’s lives with expert opinion and advice; can become a life coach. However, it is one thing to become a life coach, and it is another thing to become a certified life coach.
Life coaches help people solve personal & professional problems, identify goals, fulfill dreams, and assist with lifestyle changes. So, to develop as a coach and equip clients with the tools to overcome challenges, you need the necessary education and training that can only be possible if you have the certification. Online coaching certifications are sometimes costly but several platforms like Coursera, Alison, & Udemy provide free online coaching certification.
You need to get free online coaching certification because:
- It helps you earn your clients’ trust.
- You will get the necessary education to build your coaching career.
- Free online coaching certification allows you to test your skills with real clients before being accredited. It helps you put all that learning into good use in the real world.
How to become a certified life coach online for free?
If you want to help others get their best, know when to give advice, and when to lend an ear, you can become a certified life coach online for free. So, if you want people to pay you for your valuable advice, you first need to figure out your area of specialization.
Are you an expert in solving financial problems, relationship problems, health issues, or other life challenges? You can do career counseling, help people solve relationship problems, and gain self-confidence.
Once you’ve figured out your area of specialization, you need to get free online coaching certification to build the credibility of your services. People want to be sure that your advice is accurate, relevant, & brings the desired results to the table. Online coaching certification will help you gain clients’ trust. Moreover, by taking a coaching course, you’ll also get the necessary education of:
- How to evaluate your clients’ problems
- Communication skills and problem-solving approach
- Ethics of working in a coaching business
- Developing a professional coaching relationship
Some free online coaching certification also allows you personal training so that you know whether your advice will make a positive difference in someone’s life or not.
After learning everything about online coaching and getting free online coaching certification, you can now become a certified life coach online for free.
What are some of the best free online life coach certifications available to new coaches?
As mentioned earlier, to become a successful life coach, you need to take a life coaching course to learn about this field in detail. But life coaching courses are often costly ranging from $1500 to $8000 on average. Institutions that offer specialized life coaching training likely allow you to take the course as your finances permit so that you can spread the tuition costs over several months.
But with some of the best free online life coach certifications available, you can get certified as a life coach without having to pay. You can get free classes, course material, and training to become a certified life coach. These platforms include Alison, Coursera, Udemy, EDX, Khan Academy, etc.
The following is a list of the best courses these platforms offer for free.
- Life Coaching Skills in a Nutshell by Ahmed Magdy (Udemy)
As the name implies this is a short and precise course by Ahmed Magdy. This course will teach you about the essential details of the coaching business and tips to become a successful life coach. It is an excellent free course where you can learn the strategies for Mastering the Key Coaching Skills and Launching your Coaching business.
In this course, you will:
- Learn what coaching exactly is and what it is not
- Understand the basic concepts, skills, and philosophy behind life coaching business
- Differentiate between coaching your clients and giving advice
- Learn the skills of listening/understanding your clients’ situation and the Art of Problem Solving
- Know the best strategies for launching and branding yourself as a life coach
- Life Coaching 101: Complete Guide to Becoming a Life Coach by Joel & Natalie Rivera, Transformation Services (Udemy)
It is a complete and definitive guide for the people thinking to become life coaches and start their coaching business. This comprehensive course will guide you about the process of developing a successful coaching business through detailed information & practical steps.
By enrolling in this course for free, you’ll get a chance to learn:
- The need for a life coach and future of the coaching industry
- The importance of free online life coaching certifications and accreditations
- The ethics of life coaching business and the difference between life coaching and therapy
- The differences and commonalities between consulting and coaching
- Keys to being successful in the Life Coaching business
- Life coaching tools and top marketing strategies to attract clients
- Insights for a Happy Life and Transformational Super Powers by Nitesh Gurnani (Alison)
“Insight for a Happy Life and Transformational Super Powers” is an excellent course for the new coaches to gain knowledge and insights about the human mind. This course will help life coaches understand how the mind works and human thoughts affect their physical and emotional selves. After completing this course, the life coaches will be able to:
- Differentiate between the active and sub-active mind
- Unhealthy/toxic thoughts and their effect on the mind
- Identify the source of happiness and causes of unhappiness
- Principles of positive thoughts
- How to live a happier life – the magic of positive thinking
- Self-control, humility, giving away, surrendering – Transformational Super Powers of living a happy and successful life
- Life Coaching by oxford home study Center
Life coaching is an advanced training course offered by the prestigious Oxford Home Study Center. It is one of the best online coaching certifications that covers a wide range of topics over a series of 16 modules. Suitable for newcomers and experienced life coaches alike, this advanced course is best for anyone looking to build a successful career in the field. This course covers:
- Life coaching process, tools, and techniques
- Communication styles, listening skills, and negotiation skills
- Body language and Neuro-linguistic programming
- Organizational skills and presentation skills
- Managing the first impression and dealing with a difficult situation
- Starting and running a Life Coaching business
- Animas’s Introduction to Transformational Coaching
It is a highly interactive, informational, and experiential free online course where you’ll learn everything about life coaching and decide whether it is suitable for you or not. If you want to become a life coach and are interested in learning more about this field, this online session is for you. In this free online session, you’ll know about:
- Coaching, its origin, and how it is changing with time
- Difference between therapy, mentorship, and coaching
- Levels of coaching and strategies that make the transformational approach different
- Qualities of a great coach to make an impact
- Four professional as a coach and your vision about the chosen path
- Life Coach Training from the Life Coach Training Institute
Life Coach Training is a very informative & detailed course offered by the Life Coach Training Institute. After completing this course, you’ll learn the tools and techniques of coaching, which give you the confidence you need to help your clients achieve results. The learning outcomes of this free online coaching certification are:
- Establishing the coaching process by effective relationship management and setting up expectations
- Establishing trust with your clients and having friendly communication – communication skills
- Asking the necessary questions with active listening
- Solve problems and deliver results that actually work
- Conversations That Inspire: Coaching Learning, Leadership, and Change – (short course offered through Coursera) Case Western Reserve University
This short course contains well-researched information, new concepts, and learning insights. With valuable content and a transformation experience, this course is an excellent guide for Coaches beginning to unleash a leadership journey. In this course, you’ll learn:
- How coaches help others – hope, compassion, and compliance to promote positivity
- International change theory and the role of positive & negative emotional attractors
- PEA and NEA – neuroscience studies of coaching
- Coaching for the ideal self & relationships – empathy, optimism, and self-efficacy
- Active listening
- The balance between time spent in PEA and NEA
- Ways to create learning agenda
- Establishing a culture of coaching
- Coaching in leadership development
- Become a Paid Life Coach Online by Jeffrey Sooey (Udemy)
Become a Paid Life Coach Online is one of the popular free online coaching certifications available on Udemy. In this course, you’ll learn the basics of becoming a life coach and starting your own coaching business. It is an informative course for people interested in finding more about coaching and who would like to start a coaching business. The course will teach you about:
- Types of coaching
- Accountability coaching
- Global change – identifying the causes of negative behavior and process to change it
- Communication with the client and a structured coaching session
- How to start a successful coaching business and get clients to be
- Life Coaching For Everyone – An Introduction Course by Weng Honn Kan (Udemy)
This short course is ideal for those who want to opt for life coaching as a career and explore more about this field. It’ll address the common questions about life coaching as a profession and whether you should go for it or not. After completing it, you’ll learn:
- The basics of life coaching – skills & responsibilities of a life coach, free online life coach certifications, life coaching as a career
- Elements to become a successful life coach
- Life coaching techniques and different coaching models
- Common mistakes of a life coach
- Blueprint For Successful Life Coaching by Standard Touch Abdul Mannan (Udemy)
Are you planning to start your coaching business or already practicing it but not getting clients? If yes, then Blueprint For Successful Life Coaching by Standard Touch Abdul Mannan is the best course for you. In this course, you’ll learn the skills or knowledge to grow your coaching business.
After completing this course, you will be able to learn:
- Basic steps to become a successful life coach – getting clients
- Creating a business website and social media marketing
- Networking, seminars, referral clients, and online appointments
- Marketing through podcasts, blogs, free online life coach certifications & courses
- Step by step guide of being successful in the life coaching business
How can you become a life coach without any experience & training?
Life coaching is not an official Bureau of Statistics designation which needs a degree/training. Life coaches encourage, motivate, empower people to solve their problems and have a positive outlook on life. So, no specific degree, training, or experience is required to become a life coach.
If you know about the basics of the life coaching business and are passionate about helping, guiding, & empowering others, life coaching is for you. You do not need any experience or training to become a successful life coach if you know/have:
- Basic skills & knowledge
- Organizational and presentation skills
- Problem-solving skills
- How to start your life coaching business
- How to market your coaching business on different platforms
- How to get clients
There is no specific degree or education to become a life coach. Life coaches come to the profession with different types of education. However, having life coach certifications will help you gain clients’ trust and build the credibility of your services.
How to pick the best online free life coaching certification for yourself?
There are several points to consider before choosing the best online free life coaching certification for yourself:
- What is the course content? Does it align with the knowledge you want to gain?
- What is the form of training? Does it cover the areas you would like to focus?
- What accreditation does it provide?
- Is it providing enough knowledge or education to start your life coaching business?
It is necessary to have a life coach certification to run a successful life coaching business. These courses or certificates teach the skills and knowledge to solve the clients’ problems and give the best results. Moreover, some free online coach certifications also teach different marketing strategies to get clients as a new coach. You can get different online coach certifications on Udemy, Coursera, and Alison for free.
4 thoughts on “10 Free Online Life Coach Certifications for new coaches”
interested to be a life coach
Thank you for letting me know! My team will get in touch with you shortly.
I’m very interested in becoming a life coach
I am interest in becoming certified life coach.